You know what, france is a pretty amazing place

Where you go, where you stay and everything to do with getting there and back. You must register to post.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
You cannot post in this Archive forum (read only).
If you require to re-raise one of these topics in the live 80-90 forums, please insert a link to it in your first post.

Re: You know what, france is a pretty amazing place

Postby mark » 23 May 2013, 17:23

we knew you would be taking the rain with you, so france is the best bet :rofl

mark

ghost123uk wrote:Good luck to all you guys n gals going to France :ok :run

living it up in a palace of gin
mark

Postby Bowton Lad » 28 May 2013, 18:59

I'm off to the Limousin in just under 3 weeks time. Staying there for 3.5 weeks & then staying with friends in department 91 Essonne for 4 nights. I'm travelling with LD Lines Portsmouth - Le Havre.

I've just booked another crossing on the same route, out in September & home in October (4 weeks) at a great price of £89.00! :D

Anyone travelling home from Le Havre, the customs officers are as keen as mustard. The usual routine is for 6 of them to swarm all over your van, opening all exteral doors & searching all interior lockers etc. They now have a large mobile scanner mounted on the back of a truck which x-rays your van. They discovered my deadly cargo - 6 tins of Napolina peeled plum tomatoes. :roll:
BOWTON LAD, CLUB 80-90 MEMBER No.2488

1997 VW T4 Gem/Aztec LWB High -Top 2.5 TDI ''Emerald''
Bowton Lad

80-90 Mem No: 2488

Postby lloydy » 28 May 2013, 19:22

have a good'un :ok
Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you
lloydy

Postby Ralf85 » 28 May 2013, 19:36

Bowton Lad wrote:I'm off to the Limousin in just under 3 weeks time. Staying there for 3.5 weeks & then staying with friends in department 91 Essonne for 4 nights. I'm travelling with LD Lines Portsmouth - Le Havre.

I've just booked another crossing on the same route, out in September & home in October (4 weeks) at a great price of £89.00! :D

Anyone travelling home from Le Havre, the customs officers are as keen as mustard. The usual routine is for 6 of them to swarm all over your van, opening all exteral doors & searching all interior lockers etc. They now have a large mobile scanner mounted on the back of a truck which x-rays your van. They discovered my deadly cargo - 6 tins of Napolina peeled plum tomatoes. :roll:

Another lucky lucky b*******. Have a great time Steve and look forward to some stories when you return - oh before you go back over again. One day we will meet up over there - maybe at your place.
:ok
Patrick
Ralf85

Location: West London - 1985 westie pop top, LHD, 1900 DF engine

Previous

Return to Camping & Travelling