Lowering the beast!

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
You cannot post in this Archive forum (read only).
If you require to re-raise one of these topics in the live 80-90 forums, please insert a link to it in your first post.

Lowering the beast!

Postby RODEO » 15 Apr 2010, 18:05

Lots of threads on here about this ..but...When replacing the springs with shorter ones ,do the new ones take in to account the already (possibly) sagged/worn springs? I see that some co's selling springs say that they drop the van accurately 'x' mm,and some co's apparently drop more after time ,but as far as I can see none say beware the van may already be 'lowered' due to sagged springs. I fell into this trap many moons ago ,and the vehicle actually RAISED up even tho the new springs were 2" lower. This was due to the existing sag before fitting the new short springs.
Now I can hear lots of drawing air in thro' the teeth and shaking of heads,but I dont usually buy shortened springs,if they are the parrallel type ,I just chop them ,re-wind the tang ,and grind off. Ive done this on many cars over 30 years ,and never had a prob.Obviously cant do this with the 'pig tail' type end ones tho'!
Thanks..........
RODEO

Re: Lowering the beast!

Postby jamesc76 » 15 Apr 2010, 18:33

Just asume it Xmm lower than standard height when new! Unless you have a caravelle when there were 30mm lower as standard!
DJ at Dubdayz Summerfest
Now cutting about in an LT35 MWB
jamesc76

80-90 Mem No: 1186

Postby ninja.turtle007 » 15 Apr 2010, 18:36

If you put up you location, somebody near by might invite you to have a look at their lowered van. :ok
Follow our overland adventure! http://www.resfeber.co.uk
ninja.turtle007

80-90 Mem No: 0

Postby RODEO » 15 Apr 2010, 18:40

Good idea,will go alter my profile! ....Done....!
RODEO

Postby chuckle-bus-tom » 16 Apr 2010, 18:15

I'm going to Romford tomorrow morning in my -65mm (Just Krampers) lowered van if you're near there.
chuckle-bus-tom

80-90 Mem No: 4368

Postby RODEO » 16 Apr 2010, 20:09

Thanks for the offer but Ive got to work tomorrow!
Rod
RODEO

Return to Modified