Worrying Runaway Engine

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
You cannot post in this Archive forum (read only).
If you require to re-raise one of these topics in the live 80-90 forums, please insert a link to it in your first post.

Re: Worrying Runaway Engine

Postby weldore » 04 Sep 2011, 20:29

bit dusty innit :oops:
the word 'pissing' is safe

Dave and gail.....1983 Pop Top 1.9n/a diesel (aka Ready Steady Eddie)
weldore

80-90 Mem No: 5833

Re: Worrying Runaway Engine

Postby Prazeanbeeble » 07 Sep 2011, 08:03

Oh and another top tip coming in.......make 100% sure that when you fit said crankcase breather pipe that it does not come into contact with the pipes that exit the waterpump, or even get too close. I just noticed that vibration has started to cause them to rub together, ultimately, a new pipe would have been required if i had not spotted that in time.
There are also 2 types of crankcase breather pipes, one is a 2 piece setup from a Audi (which i use) and the VW is often the one piece one, which is quite fragile. Make sure a new o-ring is fitted! And be double careful when you tighten it all up!

This should be what you need:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-MK3-VENTO-SHARAN-CADDY-BREATHER-HOSE-C326-/200645331168?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2eb764c8e0
If the engine 'aint in the back, it's cack!
Prazeanbeeble

Previous

Return to T25 Alternative Engine Forum