Syncro identification help, 16" with some 14" or all 16" ?

Syncro 4&4 Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics (browse for Syncro links)

You can find further syncro specific information on the Syncronauts website.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
You cannot post in this Archive forum (read only).
If you require to re-raise one of these topics in the live 80-90 forums, please insert a link to it in your first post.

Re: Syncro identification help, 16" with some 14" or all 16" ?

Postby jes*b » 05 Apr 2014, 07:56

Looking forward to seeing this develop. Your Doka has the standard front driveshafts which is a bonus as the thicker ones provided for 16" van with front lock are very hard to find If ever needed. Also you have the CV boot protectors on ( the rubber part has long since gone ) Lefteris has a 16" panel van and he is currently making up a set for his van . With the brackets you are half way there.
jes*b
 
Posts: 827
Joined: 25th, May 2008
Location: folkestone, kent

Re: Syncro identification help, 16" with some 14" or all 16" ?

Postby 69chop » 05 Apr 2014, 08:04

jes*b wrote:Looking forward to seeing this develop. Your Doka has the standard front driveshafts which is a bonus as the thicker ones provided for 16" van with front lock are very hard to find If ever needed. Also you have the CV boot protectors on ( the rubber part has long since gone ) Lefteris has a 16" panel van and he is currently making up a set for his van . With the brackets you are half way there.

Some good news !
69chop
 
Posts: 66
Joined: 1st, Apr 2014
Location: Richmond

Re: Syncro identification help, 16" with some 14" or all 16" ?

Postby syncropaddy » 05 Apr 2014, 20:11

Why a 16"? making a lot of unnecessary hassle as now you will need to get 16" arms for a start as the ones you have are fooked. Good luck with that!
syncropaddy


One Syncro, five Mercedes Benzs and a rocket ship
User avatar
syncropaddy
 
Posts: 888
Joined: 17th, Oct 2005
Location: Gorey, Co. Wexford, Ireland
80-90 Mem No: 1019

Re: Syncro identification help, 16" with some 14" or all 16" ?

Postby Dai » 06 Apr 2014, 06:02

syncropaddy wrote:Why a 16"? making a lot of unnecessary hassle as now you will need to get 16" arms for a start as the ones you have are fooked. Good luck with that!


The 16" arms ain't a problem anymore :ok I've rebuilt a couple of pairs now
80-90 No.....288
Syncro No.....52

Image Image
EJ25 Syncro van with Reimo/Devon conversion
daisyncro@gmail.com
User avatar
Dai
 
Posts: 177
Joined: 14th, Oct 2005
Location: Wakefield,West Yorkshire……… Syncronauts Mem No: 52
80-90 Mem No: 288

Re: Syncro identification help, 16" with some 14" or all 16" ?

Postby 69chop » 06 Apr 2014, 11:54

Dai wrote:
syncropaddy wrote:Why a 16"? making a lot of unnecessary hassle as now you will need to get 16" arms for a start as the ones you have are fooked. Good luck with that!


The 16" arms ain't a problem anymore :ok I've rebuilt a couple of pairs now

Hi Dai,
I suppose a lot depends on the extent of the rust but what sort of money is refurb ?
Stefan
69chop
 
Posts: 66
Joined: 1st, Apr 2014
Location: Richmond

Re: Syncro identification help, 16" with some 14" or all 16" ?

Postby lsidir » 08 Apr 2014, 08:15

jes*b wrote:Looking forward to seeing this develop. Your Doka has the standard front driveshafts which is a bonus as the thicker ones provided for 16" van with front lock are very hard to find If ever needed. Also you have the CV boot protectors on ( the rubber part has long since gone ) Lefteris has a 16" panel van and he is currently making up a set for his van . With the brackets you are half way there.


I am going to cut the rubbers this week and post some pics, so if you like them I can cut them for you too and mail them. I got half a meter of rubber so I plan to make a couple of extra pairs .
Lefteris
16" Panel 1.6TD 1991
http://pimpthevan.blogspot.com/
User avatar
lsidir
 
Posts: 34
Joined: 12th, Apr 2011
Location: Amsterdam (but not Dutch)

Re: Syncro identification help, 16" with some 14" or all 16" ?

Postby lsidir » 08 Apr 2014, 08:20

If the trailing arms are 16" then the mounting point of the shock absorber will be unevenly higher, compare to 14" which is dead center.
Lefteris
16" Panel 1.6TD 1991
http://pimpthevan.blogspot.com/
User avatar
lsidir
 
Posts: 34
Joined: 12th, Apr 2011
Location: Amsterdam (but not Dutch)

Re: Syncro identification help, 16" with some 14" or all 16" ?

Postby 69chop » 08 Apr 2014, 15:11

lsidir wrote:If the trailing arms are 16" then the mounting point of the shock absorber will be unevenly higher, compare to 14" which is dead center.

I think given the state of the current 16" trailing arms I'll probably go with my current 14" westy ones. It will be good to see your cv protectors.
Stefan
69chop
 
Posts: 66
Joined: 1st, Apr 2014
Location: Richmond

Previous

Return to Syncro

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

cron